Monday 18 March 2013

The first 24 hours



Ok so what have I learned about international flights that differ from domestic ones?  Well the first thing is that this type of travel is always best done with at least two people and as wonderful as Kevin is he just does not have that same...anything as my Becky (and I know he feels the same about me).  The next thing I have learned is that in flight food sucks internationally too.  IF you are ever offered pasta feta....say NO before they even finish the sentence.  Don't touch this stuff with a 10  ft. pole.  Not even sure what that sauce was between the bread for the sandwich from Frankfurt to Krakow.  I swear they allow budding scientists to use airline passengers as guinea pigs for new food ideas.  As far as I am concerned...they all fail.  Here is an interesting thing to take note of...ever notice the stewardess will apologize AFTER whacking your arm or leg with the trolley cart...hmmm.  Perhaps some kind of sick satisfaction for them...not sure about that.  I did however get to listen to the whole soundtrack for Breaking Dawn 2 which is totally a Becky influence.  If you do listen to the soundtrack then Renesmee's lullabye/Something Terrible, A Way With The World and Such a Prize are must listens too although my motive for listening will be different than yours.  I just find it as a way of connecting in some ethereal way.   I am getting sidetracked (which is so easy to do)....squirrel!!! 

Anyways, staying over 8 hours in any airport sucks but after having had no sleep and a 5 hour time change and still feeling a physical battering from sickness recently...whole different ballgame.  Getting to Holiday Inn in Krakow was interesting with taxi driver who drove like a nascar driver.  Then in the foyer what is on the ceiling...the zodiac signs....and i am once again brought back to the realization that there is an amazing woman at home whom I miss dearly.  I am eager to learn more about the wonderful work EuroAid is doing and to help educate others about the need and the reality but then there is that need to be the family guy I am too... Well I hope I have kept you wanting to hear more otherwise this blog is like me talking to a wall.  Your thoughts and prayers are always welcomed as these are lands where we must act very wise and not stir any pots.  More to come...keep following.

No comments:

Post a Comment