Wednesday 13 March 2013

Well it is 4 days to go until I leave and the reality of this trip is hitting closer to home.  I still have many questions buzzing around in my head about the things I will see and how I will respond but now I am thinking more about practical things.  Will the euro converter work or will I fry it somehow?  If this happens how will all the electronics be charged?  Did the Dukoral medication I took take effect properly so I prevent stomach sickness from water issues?  Will there be a civil revolt while I am over there?  Can I really survive sitting in an airline seat that was built for shorter people?  I am not kidding when I see my mind is constantly going through a myriad of questions and scenarios.  No matter the questions the opportunity to document, inform and educate far outweigh the madness in my brain so I am at peace...sort of.  I am, however, very grateful to have the full support of an amazing woman and also the friendship of so many that have encouraged me and continue to do so.  I hope you will find my musings along the way humourous but not without the fact that I will be documenting and recording real life as it is in some very poverty stricken areas.  Stay tuned for more and feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment